Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 9

Day 9, August 11

After Chiyoe and I parted ways at 8:00 am, I spent the day bicycling in to Ehime prefecture. There were only two temples along the way, Enkōji and Kanjizaiji, but the coastline was beautiful as always.



Ehime coast, late afternoon

At the first temple I met another guy doing the 88 temples by bicycle, Inoue-san.  A high-school teacher in his late 20s, he's doing the temples and camping out each night.  We bicycled together for the last 50 km of the day, but I couldn't manage to keep up with him...must be my age...although we did run into each other occasionally over the next several days.

Pilgrim at Kanjizaiji


I found another quaint ryokan to stay in, Ōhata, right by the river.  The food was hearty, the beer good, and the evening view was great.

My Room at Ohata, the full moon and a hawk


No comments:

Post a Comment