Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day Before Departure

Tomorrow's the departure date for me.  Early morning...get to take my bike and bags on the train during rush hour.  Somehow I roped my wife into helping me carry all my crap on the train down to Kyoto to catch the bus.  That's worth a dinner or two of her choice (if we make it). 

The one worry I have is the highway bus company seems reluctant to take bicycles in their baggage sections.  Might take some negotiation, but my fallback position is to take the Shinkansen from Kyoto down to Okayama, then the local trains to Tokushima.

The typhoon is still worrisome.  Looks like it won't hit until the weekend, but the calculated path seems to be creeping towards Japan...

2 comments:

  1. hey Eric,

    Sounds like a great trip - hope it goes well. I did want to mention (as you likely already know) that it looks like typhoon Muifa is heading more for the coast of China, so that is good. http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/wp201111.html

    That particular model (GFS) in your post does not have a very good track record with tropical systems, but it is still in the realm of possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark. It's good to hear. My cell phone weather website says typhoon Muifa should hit Shangai or somewhere. That would be good. It's hot here, though. Some clouds might be nice.

    ReplyDelete